Treks & Trails Rain-forest Tour
Arrive at Colombo International Airport. Please clear immigration & visa formalities, collect your baggage and proceed to the arrival lounge through the green channel if you do not have goods to be declared to customs. A representative from Travel Design will page you by your name. Thereafter you will be assisted with a transfer to Negombo, check in at the hotel, overnight stay at the hotel.
World Heritage Rain-forest
After breakfast at the hotel proceeds to Sinharaja, which is the only UNESCO World Heritage Rain Forest in Sri Lanka with bio diversity and a vegetation of tropical evergreen and the area under the reserve is 11,187 hectares. Out of the 331 woody trees and lianas identified 192 are endemic at Sinharaja, 65 species of butterflies with 1 endemic, 10 species of fish out of 7 which is endemic, 19 species of amphibians out of which 8 are endemic, 29 reptiles and snakes out of which 14 are endemic and 40 species of mammals out of which 7 are endemic.
Enjoy a walking trek at Sinharaja Rain Forest this morning where it is the only relatively undisturbed rain forest of any considerable size and many of the plants are rare and are represented by only one individual of its kind in a large area. The best period to visit the rain forest is from December to early April and from August to September.
Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast at the hotel proceed to Ella. 127 miles from Colombo and 8 miles from Bandarawela on the leeward side of the central mountains lays the small town of Ella. The view from Ella Gap is one of the most spectacular scenic sights in Sri Lanka – the landscape falls away in a dizzy drop of 3000ft to the eastern plains. The Ella rock is famous for the cave of Ravana a legendary king of Sri Lanka ruled during the pre-historic times. Enjoy a visit to the “Small Adam’s Peak” much famous in the area, visit Ravana Ella falls and Ravana caves. Spend the evening at the resort, relax and enjoy your evening at leisure. Overnight stay at the resort.
Ella Nuwara Eliya
After breakfast at the resort catch a train from Elle station to Nanu Oya, you will be going to the country side of Nuwara Eliya; surpassing misty blue hills, ever green mountains, tea carpeted valley, beautifully cascaded waterfalls breaking down into a series of mini waterfalls, silvery clouds capping the mountain peaks designing unique and magical scenery as the train climbs up the mountains.
Arrive at Nuwara Eliya, refresh at the cozy and colonial bungalow of St. Andrews. Visit a nearby tea factory, explore and learn about the traditional unorthodox methods of producing black tea out of freshly plucked tea leaves. Overnight stay at the cozy and colonial bungalow of St. Andrews.
Nuwara Eliya Horton Plains Nuwara Eliya
Trekking with Birds & Animals
With packed breakfast from the hotel at around 7:00 am leave to Horton Plains for a walking trek of about 4 hours. Horton Plains National Park with 3160 hectares is known as “Mahaeliya”, was named after Sir Robert Horton, a British Governor from 1831-1837. Horton Plains is a National Park of Sri Lanka and a UNESCO World Heritage Site has its unique watershed and bio-diversity values with a high level of endemism in terms of flora. Horton Plains is home for 52 species of resident birds and 11 species of migrant birds. One can also spot Sandbar, Bear Monkey, Leopard, Barking Deer, Giant Squirrel, Fishing Cat, Wild Boar and Hares roam in the forests and grasslands but mostly Sandbar can be seen in the evening and morning. Being the only national park that allows guests to enjoy a walking trek, it also houses Baker’s fall and the magnificent view of the World’s End. Your little trek will end at the foot of the Bambarakanda falls; where you will be spending your evening bathing at the falls, experiencing the best of magical and tropical Sri Lanka. Overnight stay at the bungalow.
Nuwara Eliya Peradeniya Matale
After breakfast proceed to Kandy, enjoy the scenic drive through the hills and tea carpeted valley. Enjoy a quick visit to the Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya (optional) or the Temple of the Tooth Relic to pay your respect (optional).
Enjoy the extended trip towards Knuckles Mountain Range; check in at the bungalow, known for its breathtaking views and sceneries, the bungalow is ideal to start a journey towards the Knuckles Mountain Range. Overnight stay at the bungalow.
After breakfast at the bungalow commence the journey to the mysterious mountain range of Knuckles. The KNUCKLES Forest, which covers an area of about 160sqkm, falls within the Kandy and Matale districts. One of the main aspects, of this region is its unique landscape and the scenic beauty. Enjoy a walking trek up to the beautiful mountain range surrounded by virgin mountains, tea carpeted valley and the beautiful and heavenly layers of greenery. Explore and enjoy the walking trek. Overnight stay at the bungalow.
After a hearty breakfast at the bungalow, you will be driven to the cultural triangle, to Sigiriya. Check in to the hotel with a scenic backdrop of Sigiriya rock. Enjoy a traditional lunch at the resort (optional). In the afternoon set off to visit the Rock Monastery of Ritigala, being the tallest mountain in the north central region is the home for 70 rock caves that were inhabited since first century BC where monks have been living in caves or rock shelters. The inscriptions at Ritigala reveal that the site became a rock monastery for hermit monks where the rock monastery was founded by King Lanji Tissa to safe guard the followings of Panskulika monks that practiced extreme austerity. Overnight stay in Sigiriya.
After breakfast at the resort, proceed to Sigiriya; 5th century Sigiriya Rock Fortress. This world heritage site, consists of the remains of a palace on the top of the rock, a mid-level terrace that includes the Lion Gate and the mirror wall with its frescoes of the ‘Heavenly Maidens’, the lower palace on the slopes below the rock, and the moats, walls and water gardens that extend for some hundreds of meters out from the base.
Evening enjoy a visit to Habarana lake for a catamaran ride in the lake with a cup of tea in the evening with traditional sweet treats. Overnight stay in Sigiriya.
After breakfast at the hotel proceed to the airport for your flight home.
- Quote is subject to availability and price fluctuations prior to booking due to government decision on taxes; the above rate is valid as per mentioned period.
- All drive times are approximate and are subject to change.
- All reservations subject to availability at time of booking.
- The standard check in time in Sri Lanka is 1400 hours and the Checkout time is 12 noon.
- Tips for restaurants and hotel would be LKR 200.00 per person and for the driver/guide USD 5.00 per person per day, however this is only an indication and guideline, the decision of tipping solely depends on your level of satisfaction.
- Train rides are subject to availability, hence might not be available if not booked in advance.
- On Poya and other religious days alcohol will not be served at hotels and restaurants.
- Please note that plucking of Tea leaves is not done on public holidays & Sundays.
As such the Tea production process does not take place, however a tour of the factory will be arranged where the process is explained.
- When visiting religious sites such as Polonnaruwa, Kandy Temple, your attire should cover up to ankle length and sleeveless tops/shirts/t-shirts will not be allowed. It is also advised to bring a pair of socks as you will be asked to remove slippers/shoes when entering sacred temples.
- You can always change currency at the airport and a local SIM card can be purchased at the airport of Sri Lanka.
- Cancellation Policy:
- If cancelled 61 days prior to your arrival 75% refund made.
- If cancelled 60 – 31 days prior to your arrival 75% cancellation charged.
- If cancelled less than 30 days prior to your arrival 100% cancellation charged.
- Accommodation in all hotels mentioned above.
- Private air-conditioned vehicle and an English-speaking Chauffer Guide for the duration of the trip (including pickup and drop-off at the airport).
- Local government taxes & service charges.
- Meals – Breakfast.
- Oil and Fuel charges.
- Meet and greet at the airport with paging board at arrival terminal.
- Bottle of Water and welcome flower garland on arrival.
- Departure gift.
- Visas can be pre-arranged through the web site www.eta.gov.lk.
- All entrance fees to tourist and other attractions not mentioned on the “Inclusions” Section.
- Lunch, Dinner on Tour.
- Optional tours and activities.
- Airport taxes.
- Camera & Video permits at Cultural sights for commercial purposes.
- All expenses of personal nature.
- Tips and port rage.
- Spa and wellness treatments.