Sri Lanka Mega Tour
Wild Life in Sri Lanka is known to be one of the most exciting and experiential kind of holidays that any nature lover would dream of. Sri Lanka is the only nation outside of Africa that can boast of “The Big Five” that includes the Sri Lanka Elephant, the Leopard, Sloth Bear, The great Blue Whale and Sperm Whale. This specialized travel program will not only set your mood for an extravaganza of wild life experiences that will make your stay not only memorable and a journey of a life time.
On arrival at Colombo International Airport please clear immigration & visa formalities, collect your baggage and proceed to the arrival lounge. You will be paged and assisted with a transfer to Kotugoda where you will check in at the hotel for an overnight stay.
Katunayake Ritigala Anuradhapura
After breakfast at the hotel, proceed to Anuradhapura. En-route stop at Ritigala Monastery set in strict nature reserve. This Buddhist monastery dates back to 1st century BCE. Legends abound around this sacred site that is also known for its unique healing properties of vegetation. The is an unique experience for any lovers of history.
Continue your journey towards Anuradhapura. Check in at the hotel and enjoy a relaxing the evening & overnight stay at the hotel.
Anuradhapura Wilpattu Anuradhapura
With a packed breakfast provided by the hotel proceed to Wilpattu National Park.
Enjoy a game ride at the park from 6:00am to 9:00am. The special feature in this Park is the large number of Villus (lakes) where you can watch wild life and many species of birds. Leopard & herds of Wild Elephant can be found in this Reserve.
You have the option of extending your trip for a whole day safari at the park.
Enjoy the evening with a relaxed swim in the pool and an overnight stay in the hotel.
After breakfast at the hotel enjoy a city tour in the sacred city of Anuradhapura; – a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the north central part of the Island was the first capital (5th century BC – 9th century AD), the center of the island’s Buddhist civilization and undoubtedly the grandest city of ancient Sri Lanka. The oldest historically documented tree on earth (over 2,200 years old) – The Sri Maha Bodhi, brought as a sampling of the tree under which the Buddha attained enlightenment, and the island’s oldest Buddhist shrines – some dating back to the 3rd century BC, impressive white ‘dagobas’ (relic chambers) and monuments embellished with handsome stone carvings or sculpture, pleasure gardens, beautifully executed stone baths and ponds and a superb irrigation system of reservoirs and canals are the main attractions of Anuradhapura.
Continue the journey to Dambulla. Check in at the hotel in Dambulla, overnight stay at the hotel.
After a hearty breakfast at the hotel enjoy a quick visit to the Dambulla Rock Cave temples. These consist five different caves dedicated to many Gods and Goddesses. The cave is said to be one of the only remaining cave temples in the Island and has painting on the cave walls and ceiling that are identical to the Ajanta Caves of India.
Continue the journey to Kandy. Here you have the option to enjoy a quick visit to the Temple of the Tooth Relic of Kandy, believed to be the house of the Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha. The ancient King Wimaladharmasuriya built the temple to house this sacred relic. Since then the historic pageant of “Esala Perahera” takes place every year in July/August for ten days.
You also have the option of enjoying a cultural dance show in the evening
Enjoy the evening and overnight stay at the hotel.
Kandy Mahiyanganaya Kandy
Enjoy a sumptuous breakfast at the hotel (would suggest Sri Lankan breakfast) proceed to Dambana and experience the way of life of “Veddha” the aboriginal tribe of ancient Ceylon. You will get to sit and talk to the Chief Veddha how ancient Ceylon has evolved over time and how commercialization has threatened the continuation of the “Veddha”, visit the museum, experience and enjoy some of the daily activities of “Veddhas”.
Spend the evening at leisure in the hotel or alternatively enjoy a relaxed walk in the vibrant markets of Kandy or shop for Antiques & Batiks in the many shops on the way.
Sri Lanka is known for its precious and semi- precious stones and you will find these in the many Gem shops in Kandy. You will also find great Spice shops and many places to taste Sri Lankan cuisine.
Overnight stay in the hotel in Kandy.
Kandy Nuwara Eliya (Kandapola)
After breakfast at the hotel you have the option of travelling first class or in the observation carriage of the train to Nuwara Eliya (tickets need to be pre-booked to secure seats). Re-live the moments in the truly magical and misty mountains with tea carpeted valleys and breathtaking waterfalls that adds colour to your journey. Your chauffeur guide will pick you from the station in Nuwara Eliya (Nanu Oya station) and drive you to the hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
Relax & enjoy the cool climate of Nuwara Eliya. Overnight stay in hotel.
Nuwara Eliya Yala
After breakfast at the hotel enjoy a morning visit to Horton Plains National Park. This park is known to locals as Mahaeliya. This is also known as Horton Plains, named after Sir Robert Horton, British Governor from 1831- 1837.
Horton Plains became a Nature Reserve in 1969 and upgraded as a National Park in 1988 due to its unique watershed and bio-diversity values. Its flora has high level of endemism. The hills are covered with diverse wet low evergreen forest including some large trees growing flattened to the ground on the higher windswept slopes.
Horton Plains harbors 52 species of resident birds and 11 species of migrant birds. More than 2,000 to 3,000 Sambar, Bear Monkey, Leopard, Barking Deer, Giant Squirrel, Fishing Cat, Wild Boar and Hare roam in the forests and grasslands but remain hidden from humans other than the Sambar which can be sighted in the evening and morning. Check out and proceed to Yala. Check in and enjoy the evening & overnight stay at the hotel in Yala.
With packed breakfast provided by the hotel proceed to Yala National Park for a safari at the park.
This famous National Park is popular for Elephant, Leopard, Bear, Crocodile and Wild Boar. 97,800 hectares in extent, this is the second largest of Sri Lanka’s National Parks. Its open undulating terrain made it famous for elephants for many years, but recently the park has also received much fame through publicity by National Geographic and the Discovery TV channels, which focused on a leopard research/conservation and identification project. Claims have subsequently been made that Yala National Park has the world’s highest concentration of leopard per square kilometer. Vegetation is primarily grassland and shrub jungle with patches of dense growth while several salt and fresh water lagoons are a haven for a large variety of resident and migrant birds. Areas popular with leopard are rock strewn hillocks with dense shrub in which the animals hide. Enjoy an evening safari at the Yala National Park as well to increase your chances of spotting a Leopard. Overnight stay at the luxury resort.
After breakfast at the hotel, check out and proceed to Tangalle, en-route stop at Tissamaharama Temple and Kataragama Shrine, two most sacred worship places in Sri Lanka. Arrive at the resort in Tangalle.
Anantara Peace Haven is an appealing and inviting place of charm with modern amenities and facilities to create the perfect atmosphere for a beach stay. Spend your time at the resort, relax by the pool and visit the beach.
Overnight stay at the resort.
Dolphins & Whales
With a packed breakfast provided by the resort, you have the option of enjoying a visit to the beautiful waters of Mirissa for Whale and Dolphin watching excursion into the deep blue sea, provided that your flight is late in the night. The whale and dolphin watching excursion is from 6:00am to 9:00am.
Sri Lanka being the only country outside of Africa that can boast of five charismatic mammals provides the Big Five Experience for wild life lovers and nature lovers that include Sloth Bear, Leopard, Elephant, Sperm Whale and Blue Whale.
Overnight stay in Tangalle.
After breakfast at the resort, as all good things come to an end, your chauffer guide will drive you safely back to the Bandaranaike International Airport for your flight home.
- Quote is subject to availability and price fluctuations prior to booking due to government decision on taxes; the above rate is valid as per mentioned period.
- All drive times are approximate and are subject to change.
- All reservations subject to availability at time of booking.
- The standard check in time in Sri Lanka is 1400 hours and the Checkout time is 12 noon.
- Tips for restaurants and hotel would be LKR 200.00 per person and for the driver/guide USD 5.00 per person per day, however this is only an indication and guideline, the decision of tipping solely depends on your level of satisfaction.
- Train rides are subject to availability, hence might not be available if not booked in advance.
- On Poya and other religious days alcohol will not be served at hotels and restaurants.
- Please note that plucking of Tea leaves is not done on public holidays & Sundays.
As such the Tea production process does not take place, however a tour of the factory will be arranged where the process is explained.
- When visiting religious sites such as Polonnaruwa, Kandy Temple, your attire should cover up to ankle length and sleeveless tops/shirts/t-shirts will not be allowed. It is also advised to bring a pair of socks as you will be asked to remove slippers/shoes when entering sacred temples.
- You can always change currency at the airport and a local SIM card can be purchased at the airport of Sri Lanka.
- Cancellation Policy:
- If cancelled 61 days prior to your arrival 75% refund made.
- If cancelled 60 – 31 days prior to your arrival 75% cancellation charged.
- If cancelled less than 30 days prior to your arrival 100% cancellation charged.
- Accommodation in all hotels mentioned above.
- Private air-conditioned vehicle and an English-speaking Chauffer Guide for the duration of the trip (including pickup and drop-off at the airport).
- Local government taxes & service charges.
- Meals – Breakfast except at HB at Scottish Planter and All Inclusive at Chena Huts
- Oil and Fuel charges.
- Meet and greet at the airport with paging board at arrival terminal.
- Bottle of Water and welcome flower garland on arrival.
- Departure gift.
- Visas can be pre-arranged through the web site eta.gov.lk.
- All entrance fees to tourist and other attractions not mentioned on the “Inclusions” Section.
- Lunch, Dinner on Tour.
- Optional tours and activities.
- Airport taxes.
- Camera & Video permits at Cultural sights for commercial purposes.
- All expenses of personal nature.
- Tips and port rage.
- Spa and wellness treatments.