The Pearl of the Indian Ocean
Sri Lanka – formerly known as Ceylon has been aptly named ‘The Pearl of the Indian Ocean’ for its lush green forests, white sandy beaches, misty mountains, unexplored wilderness and majestic past. Its beautiful scenery and historic sites will make a holiday in Sri Lanka unforgettable.
Together with its finest tea and the warm welcome smiles of the locals it’s simply a traveler’s paradise.
Arrive at Colombo International Airport and clear customs. You will be paged by your name at the Arrival lounge.
You will be assisted with a transfer to Colombo, where you will check in at the hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
After a hearty breakfast at the hotel, proceed to Sigiriya, en-route to Sigiriya visit the Dambulla golden cave temple dating back to 2nd and 3rd Century BC. This was established as one of the largest rock monasteries and includes five magnificent caves with images of various Gods and Goddesses that is reminiscent of the Ajanta Caves in India.
After exploring the cave temples, proceed to Sigiriya, check in at the hotel. Dinner and Overnight stay in Sigiriya.
Sigiriya Sigiriya Rock Minneriya Sigiriya
After having breakfast at the hotel proceed to visit the Sigiriya Rock Fortress. Being named as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is also famous for Sigiriya Frescos, the Mirror Wall, the Boulder Gardens, and the water gardens.
There are many caves, some with remains of paintings, the frescos of beautiful ladies in a pocket (Please note that no flash photography is allowed at the pocket where the Frescos are. The frescos are covered with a light mesh to stop sunlight falling on the paintings.)
The Mirror Wall shines even today with over 700 Graffiti on the wall.
The Lion’s paws with the stairs built inside the body and the remains of the Royal Palace with large Water Tanks on the summit.
In the evening proceed to the Minneriya National park for a safari. Minneriya national park is one of the major wildlife parks in Sri Lanka, housing many wild animals from mighty elephant to stealthy leopards, it’s got them all!
Dinner and Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast at the hotel, check out and proceed towards the east coast of Pasikuda, where miles and miles of unspoilt white sand beaches await you. En- route visit the ancient city of Polonnaruwa.
Polonnaruwa is one of the ancient kingdoms of Sri Lanka, has many monuments and structures built by the Kings who ruled at that time. Most of these structures are in ruins today, however there is a great deal of architecture and value embedded there.
After exploring the ancient city of Polonnaruwa proceed to Pasikuda where the ocean awaits!
Dinner and Overnight stay in Pasikuda.
Enjoy your days at the beach leisurely exploring the surroundings and soaking up the ambience of the sun, beach & cooling breeze. You also have the option of doing watersports by consulting the hotel staff.
Dinner and overnight stay at the resort.
After a sumptuous breakfast at the hotel proceed towards Kandy, the hill country capital of Sri Lanka. Kandy is one of the major cities in Sri Lanka for its religious, cultural & historical significance. Upon reaching Kandy explore this vibrant city where you will experience the beauty of its scenery first-hand.
Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast at the hotel visit the Millennium Elephant Foundation located in Rambukkana. A family run non-government organization (NGO) which is dedicated to improving the welfare of domestic elephants throughout Sri Lanka. Once it was opened to the public, people were allowed to engage in activities such as feeding & bathing the elephants. You will spend most of your time here, interacting with these majestic giants.
Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast at the hotel, check out and proceed to Negombo, the fishing village of Sri Lanka. Negombo is one of those cities where you wouldn’t want to miss the sunset. Upon arriving at Negombo, spend the evening at leisurely by the pool or the beach.
Dinner and Overnight at the hotel.
After breakfast at the resort, as all good things come to an end, your chauffer guide will drive you safely back to the Bandaranaike International Airport for your flight home.
- Quote is subject to availability and price fluctuations prior to booking due to government decision on taxes; the above rate is valid from 01st July 2018 to 31st August 2018 only.
- All drive times are approximate and are subject to change.
- All reservations subject to availability at time of booking.
- The standard check in time in Sri Lanka is 1400 hours and the Checkout time is 12 noon.
- Tips for restaurants and hotel would be LKR 200.00 per person and for the driver/guide USD 5.00 per person per day, however this is only an indication and guideline, the decision of tipping solely depends on your level of satisfaction.
- Train rides are subject to availability, hence might not be available if not booked in advance.
- On Poya and other religious days alcohol will not be served at hotels and restaurants.
- Please note that plucking of Tea leaves is not done on public holidays & Sundays.
As such the Tea production process does not take place, however a tour of the factory will be arranged where the process is explained.
- When visiting religious sites such as Polonnaruwa, Kandy Temple, your attire should cover up to ankle length and sleeveless tops/shirts/t-shirts will not be allowed. It is also advised to bring a pair of socks as you will be asked to remove slippers/shoes when entering sacred temples.
- You can always change currency at the airport and a local SIM card can be purchased at the airport of Sri Lanka.
- Cancellation Policy:
- If cancelled 61 days prior to your arrival 75% refund made.
- If cancelled 60 – 31 days prior to your arrival 75% cancellation charged.
- If cancelled less than 30 days prior to your arrival 100% cancellation charged.
- Accommodation in all hotels mentioned above.
- Private air-conditioned vehicle and an English-speaking Chauffer Guide for the duration of the trip (including pickup and drop-off at the airport).
- Local government taxes & service charges.
- Meals – HB Basis.
- Oil and Fuel charges.
- Entrance Fees to ; Sigiriya Rock, Minneriya National Park, Dambulla Rock cave temple, Polonnaruwa, Millennium elephant foundation.
- Meet and greet at the airport with paging board at arrival terminal.
- Bottle of Water and welcome flower garland on arrival.
- Departure gift.
- Visas can be pre-arranged through the web site www.eta.gov.lk.
- All entrance fees to tourist and other attractions not mentioned on the “Inclusions” Section.
- Lunch on Tour.
- Optional tours and activities.
- Airport taxes.
- Camera & Video permits at Cultural sights for commercial purposes.
- All expenses of personal nature.
- Tips and port rage.
- Spa and wellness treatments.