Classic Sri Lankan Tour
Airport Negombo (Waikkal)
On Arrival clear immigration and customs and prooced to the Arrival Lounge. You will be paged and welcomed by a representative and your chauffeur guide. You will be driven to Negombo and check in to your hotel. Relax by the pool. Overnight stay.
Negombo (Waikkal) Sigiriya
After breakfast at the hotel, check out and begin the journey to Sigiriya, en-route you have the option of visiting Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, providing homes for orphaned and injured elephants. Arrive at Sigiriya, check in. An evening hike to the Rock Fortress of Sigiriya, being named as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it is also famous for Sigiriya Frescos, the Mirror Wall, the Boulder Gardens, and the water gardens. Overnight stay at Sigiriya
Sigiriya Polonnaruwa Sigiriya
After a hearty breakfast at the hotel enjoy a visit to Polonnaruwa, the second kingdom of Sri Lanka. Identify the various sites and temples within the Polonnaruwa Kingdom not forgetting to take the mini detour from the main site to Gal Vihara Temple Complex where three postures of Lord Buddha is carved out of one massive rock mass depicting the craftsmanship of the ancient civilization of Sri Lanka.
Later proceed to a Tropical Village for a memorable lunch experience together with a cookery demonstration to introduce you to the fine culinary arts of Sri Lanka. In the afternoon join the gentle giants where the annual elephant gathering takes place from April to November by the Minneriya Tank. Spend the evening exploring the Minneriya National park from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Overnight stay will be in Sigiriya
After breakfast at the hotel, check out and begin the journey to Kandy, the last capital of Sri Lanka. Blessed by a cool yet calm and soothing climate, Kandy is famous for its natural beauty and landscapes. Arrive in the city where you will experience the old charms of Kandy also named as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Pay homage Sri Dalada Maligawa, believed to be the home of the Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha (optional). Evening spend the time at leisure at the bungalow; enjoy a swim by the pool overlooking the magical scenery and greenery of the bungalow. Overnight stay at the bungalow
Kandy Nuwara Eliya
After a mouthwatering breakfast at the hotel proceed to Nuwara Eliya via train, a magical journey through the misty mountains and beautifully cascaded waterfalls. Enjoy the view as you pass virgin mountains and tea carpeted valley and enjoy the aroma of freshly plucked tea as it is processed in a nearby tea factory.
Your chauffer guide will pick you at the Nanu Oya Station and drive you to explore the process of manufacturing black tea. Enjoy a cup of tea while learning the art of tea grading. Arrive at the bungalow and live the life of a planter this afternoon with your personal butler who will attend to all your needs. Overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya.
Nuwara Eliya Yala
After a truly Sri Lankan yet personalized breakfast at the bungalow, check out and begin the journey to Yala, famous for wild life activities and nature. En-route you have the option to stop at Hakgala Botanical Gardens to explore flora and fauna and as well as a stop at Ravana Ella Falls. You also have the option to stop at Ella to view the Ella Gap and Bandarawela to take a detour to visit Lipton Seat stopping at Wellawaya for a Sri Lankan meal straight from the “Kamatha”.
Arrive at Tissamaharama, check in at the hotel, and relax the evening at leisure. Overnight stay in Tissamaharama.
After breakfasts at the hotel proceed to Galle; another UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous for the Dutch Fort in Galle, one of the only remaining Dutch Forts in Asia. Explore through the vast maze that is the Historic Galle Fort. This exciting walk will take you back to how life was during the colonial period. You will learn the history of the Fort; the largest “living” fort in Asia, and its inhabitants; meet the descendants of the original fort families, visit buildings and landmarks that have stood the test of time, learn about the spice trade.
As all good things come to an end, you will be safely driven to the airport for your flight home. Departure
- Quote is subject to availability and price fluctuations prior to booking due to government decision on taxes; the above rate is valid as per mentioned period.
- All drive times are approximate and are subject to change.
- All reservations subject to availability at time of booking.
- The standard check in time in Sri Lanka is 1400 hours and the Checkout time is 12 noon.
- Tips for restaurants and hotel would be LKR 200.00 per person and for the driver/guide USD 5.00 per person per day, however this is only an indication and guideline, the decision of tipping solely depends on your level of satisfaction.
- Train rides are subject to availability, hence might not be available if not booked in advance.
- On Poya and other religious days alcohol will not be served at hotels and restaurants.
- Please note that plucking of Tea leaves is not done on public holidays & Sundays.
As such the Tea production process does not take place, however a tour of the factory will be arranged where the process is explained.
- When visiting religious sites such as Polonnaruwa, Kandy Temple, your attire should cover up to ankle length and sleeveless tops/shirts/t-shirts will not be allowed. It is also advised to bring a pair of socks as you will be asked to remove slippers/shoes when entering sacred temples.
- You can always change currency at the airport and a local SIM card can be purchased at the airport of Sri Lanka.
- Cancellation Policy:
- If cancelled 61 days prior to your arrival 75% refund made.
- If cancelled 60 – 31 days prior to your arrival 75% cancellation charged.
- If cancelled less than 30 days prior to your arrival 100% cancellation charged.
- Accommodation in all hotels mentioned above.
- Private air-conditioned vehicle and an English-speaking Chauffer Guide for the duration of the trip (including pickup and drop-off at the airport).
- Local government taxes & service charges.
- Meals – Breakfast except for HB at Scottish Planter.
- Oil and Fuel charges.
- Meet and greet at the airport with paging board at arrival terminal.
- Bottle of Water and welcome flower garland on arrival.
- Departure gift.
- Visas can be pre-arranged through the web site www.eta.gov.lk.
- All entrance fees to tourist and other attractions not mentioned on the “Inclusions” Section.
- Lunch, Dinner on Tour.
- Optional tours and activities.
- Airport taxes.
- Camera & Video permits at Cultural sights for commercial purposes.
- All expenses of personal nature.
- Tips and port rage.
- Spa and wellness treatments.