Autumn Years Tour
Why Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka has earned its name as the ‘Pearl of the Indian Ocean’. It’s not difficult to agree. The warm sandy beaches, the swish of the swaying palm trees and the gentle waves of the brilliantly blue ocean will caress you. From the lush green fields of rice in the low country to the emerald green hills of the Tea country, Sri Lanka will seduce you with its magic of scenery no matter where you go. Ancient ruins of past kings and the serene beauty of its temples will leave you in awe. Couple all that with exotic local cuisine and the warmth of the smiles you will receive from the locals, you will feel the warm embrace of ‘Welcome’ in Sri Lanka.
Arrive at Colombo International Airport. At the arrival terminal you will be met by our representative in Colombo and Chauffeur Guide who will greet you and assist you to the air-conditioned vehicle to begin your journey! Once checked into your hotel you are free to spend your time at leisure.
Dinner & Overnight Stay at the hotel in Negombo.
Negombo Muthurajawela Negombo
Muthurajawela – ‘Swamp of Royal Treasure’
Sri Lanka is the first country in the world to protect all its mangrove forests, and Muthurajawela can tell you why. The name itself translates to the ‘Swamp of Royal Treasure’, reflecting the ecological wonders that lie within. From mangroves and wetlands to flora and fauna, the bio-diversity of Muthurajawela truly outdoes itself. There are over 100 species of birds!
Experience a boat safari after breakfast in the Muthurajawela marsh which takes you along a colonial Dutch canal through mangroves and wetlands, opening up to the Negombo lagoon.
Later, return to the hotel and spend your evening at leisure.
Dinner & Overnight Stay at the hotel in Negombo.
Negombo Dambulla Sigiriya
After breakfast at the hotel, check out and proceed to the ancient city of Sigiriya!
En-route, visit the Dambulla Market and Dambulla Rock Cave Temples.
Dating back to 2nd and 3rd Century BC Dambulla Rock Cave Temples was established as one of the largest rock monasteries including five magnificent caves that include images of various Gods and Goddesses reminiscent of the Ajanta Caves in India.
Dinner & Overnight Stay at the hotel in Sigiriya.
Sigiriya Minneriya Sigiriya
Sigiriya – UNESCO World Heritage Listed Rock Fortress
Around 6.30 a.m. in the morning leave to hike the Rock Fortress of Sigiriya. You are advised that an early start will avoid the heat of the day and the crowds.
Sigiriya is also famous for Sigiriya Frescos, the Boulder Gardens, and the water garden. Check out the Mirror Wall that keeps on shining even today. There are more than 700 Graffiti written on the wall. You will also see the Lion’s paws with the stairway built inside the body of the lion. On the summit you will see the remains of the Royal Palace with large Water Tanks.
Deer, Leopard & Elephants!
Toward late afternoon, you will visit the Minneriya National Park for a safari in a modified jeep. Located between Habarana and Polonnaruwa, the 8,890 hectares of Minneriya National Park consists of mixed evergreen forest and scrub areas and is home to favorites such as sambar deer, leopards and elephants. However, the central feature of the park is the ancient Minneriya Tank (built in 3rd century AD by King Mahasena). During the dry season, this tank is an incredible place to observe the elephants who come to bathe and graze, as well as the flocks of birds that come to fish in the shallow waters.
Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel in Sigiriya.
Sigiriya Polonnaruwa Sigiriya
A Kingdom Past
After breakfast drive to Polonnaruwa, the late second kingdom of Sri Lanka.
Identify the various sites and temples within the Polonnaruwa Kingdom not forgetting to take the mini detour from the main site to Gal Vihara Temple Complex where three postures of Lord Buddha is carved out of one massive rock mass depicting the craftsmanship of the ancient civilization of Sri Lanka.
Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel in Sigiriya
Sigiriya Matale Kandy
Ancient Capital of Sri Lanka
After breakfast at the hotel, check out and drive to Kandy a beautiful city located in the hill country also known as the last capital of Sri Lanka.
Visit a spice garden in Matale on the way and check out why Sri Lanka is famous for its spices. You will see how its grown and processed and also get a chance to purchase.
You visit a Batik Factory. Experience the art of using wax on fabric when dyeing in order to avoid dyeing a certain section of the fabric. This method is also known as wax-resist dyeing.
Upon arriving in Kandy check in to the hotel and relax.
In the evening, visit the Sacred Temple of the Tooth which is also called the “Dalada Maligawa” by the local Buddhists. It is considered the most venerable temples to visit to a Buddhist. We advise you to t you to be there during the thewawa time, which depicts the ancient rituals and customs.
You will also be having a short city tour in Kandy, where you will have a drive around the Kandy Lake and bazaar.
Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel in Kandy.
Kandy Peradeniya Kandy
Art & Culture
After breakfast, visit Suriyakantha Art & Cultural Center in Peradeniya.
This “home-museum” – in the Central Province is an ancient Dutch style house known as Naranwala Wallawwa. Under the guidance of Dr. Jacques Soulié, psychiatrist and former Director of Alliance française of Kandy, the visit of the Centre gives access to the collection of folk art, the library and the Art Gallery. (Subject to availability at the time of booking as only limited visitors are entertained)
Enjoy a Sri Lankan Rice and Curry meal.
Later, return to the hotel and relax.
Dinner and Overnight stay at the hotel in Kandy.
Kandy Nuwara Eliya
After a hearty breakfast, check out from bungalow and drive towards Nuwara Eliya also known as “Little England” due to its cool climate and the old British charms it still holds up to date.
(You have the option of experiencing a train ride from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya – Nanu Oya)
Upon arriving Nuwara Eliya check in to the hotel and relax.
Dinner & Overnight stay at the Bungalow in Nuwara Eliya.
Nuwara Eliya Galle
After breakfast visit the Pedro tea field and factory in Nuwara Eliya. Explore and learn about the traditional unorthodox methods of producing black tea out of freshly plucked tea leaves.
Later return to the hotel, check out and proceed to Galle.
Check in to the hotel and relax.
Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel in Galle.
The Dutch Galle fort was first built in 1588 by the Portuguese and then extensively fortified by the Dutch in the 17th century, which is still preserved up to this date.
After breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a walk around the fort exploring and experiencing the Old Dutch charm that has been left behind.
Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel in Galle.
Palm Trees & Beaches
After Breakfast, start your journey to Bentota.
Upon arriving Bentota, check in to the hotel and spend the rest of the day leisurely.
Relax by the pool or beach and explore the surrounding area.
Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel in Bentota.
Dinner & Overnight stay at the Hotel.
After breakfast at the hotel, check out and proceed to the commercial capital of Sri Lanka, Colombo!
Upon arriving in Colombo, check in to the hotel and spend the morning leisurely.
In the evening, experience the best of Colombo through a city tour that can help you learn about the changing civilization of Sri Lanka. Upon completing the city tour return to your hotel. Or you can just roam around the shopping complexes or the Galle Face Green.
Dinner & Overnight stay at the hotel in Colombo.
With your head full of wonderful memories and your taste buds tingling with the exotic food, you will be safely driven to the Colombo airport in time for your flight.
- Quote is subject to availability and price fluctuations prior to booking due to government decision on taxes; the above rate is valid as per mentioned period.
- All drive times are approximate and are subject to change.
- All reservations subject to availability at time of booking.
- The standard check in time in Sri Lanka is 1400 hours and the Checkout time is 12 noon.
- Tips for restaurants and hotel would be LKR 200.00 per person and for the driver/guide USD 5.00 per person per day, however this is only an indication and guideline, the decision of tipping solely depends on your level of satisfaction.
- Train seat reservation for 01st / 02nd class are subject to availability at the time of reserving them.
- On Poya and other religious days alcohol will not be served at hotels and restaurants.
- Please note that plucking of Tea leaves is not done on public holidays & Sundays.
As such the Tea production process does not take place, however a tour of the factory will be arranged where the process is explained.
- When visiting religious sites such as Polonnaruwa, Kandy Temple, your attire should cover up to ankle length and sleeveless tops/shirts/t-shirts will not be allowed. It is also advised to bring a pair of socks as you will be asked to remove slippers/shoes when entering sacred temples.
- You can always change currency at the airport and a local SIM card can be purchased at the airport of Sri Lanka.
- Cancellation Policy:
- If cancelled 61 days prior to your arrival 75% refund made.
- If cancelled 60 – 31 days prior to your arrival 75% cancellation charged.
- If cancelled less than 30 days prior to your arrival 100% cancellation charged.
- Accommodation in all hotels mentioned above.
- Private air-conditioned vehicle and an English-speaking Chauffer Guide for the duration of the trip in Sri Lanka (including pickup and drop-off at the airport in Sri Lanka).
- Entrance fees to all sites mentioned in the program (Dambulla Cave Temples, Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Polonnaruwa, Temple of the Tooth Kandy, Suriyakantha Centre for Art & Culture (Visit+Lunch) & Pedro Tea Factory in Nuwara Eliya)
- Charges for the Game Drive at Minneriya National Park by modified jeeps.
- Charges for the Boat Safari at Muthrajawela
- Local government taxes & service charges.
- Meals – As per the program.
- Oil and Fuel charges.
- Meet and greet at the airport with paging board at arrival terminal.
- Bottle of Water during the tour
- Welcome flower garland on arrival.
- Departure gift.
- Visas can be pre-arranged through the web site www.eta.gov.lk.
- Any entrance fees to tourist and other attractions not mentioned on the “Inclusions” Section.
- Lunch & Dinner on Tour (Where applicable)
- Optional tours and activities.
- Airport taxes.
- Camera & Video permits at Cultural sights for commercial purposes.
- All expenses of personal nature.
- Tips and port rage.
- Spa and wellness treatments.